I
will push you
oh
so gently
I
will be there to
encourage
your entry
I
will never choose for you
or
tell you what to love
I
won't say "I approve of you if"
or
sweep your troubles under the rug
I
will not give you the freedom either
to
make decisions a kid should not have to make
without
guidelines and structure set, in love
I'm
firm on what isn't right, what isn't safe
Oh,
I wish I was pushed a little bit harder
encouraged
to not give up on a such whim
I
came to it late, and it would then frustrate
For
it doesn't take one day to learn how to swim
and
everybody is unique
I
want you to know this
and
be
Secure
with yourself
not
inflated or deflated
and
true to yourself
striving
for what's your best
It
doesn't have to be the best "like the rest"
everyone
has their own individual tests
it
isn't a shame
and
there's no one to blame
Everyone
has a place
and
their own unique face
you
are awesome just the way you are
if
you are honest and kind
It's
ok to think of yourself too
to
appreciate what comes to your own mind
I'll
never make you feel bad
I'll
encourage you to be glad
For
yourself and for others
for
your sisters and your brothers
and
for mother earth too
in
respect of father time
With
both reason and rhyme
as
children of the cosmos
my
children, I walk a path
for
you..
Though
I may, at times, be wary
I
am always here for you
whatever
is your query
I
will not hold a frown
I
will not have you feel forgotten
I
will not put you down
or
make you feel ignored
You
should never feel nervous to talk to me
nor
should you be ignored
I
am aware of not repeating
cycles
from my own beginnings
though
I too, am imperfect
honest
and loving; over losing or winning
October
15th, 2012
You can get all PDFs at http://www.girloutside.org/booksall/ (PDF layout is better honed than the blog format)
You can get all PDFs at http://www.girloutside.org/booksall/ (PDF layout is better honed than the blog format)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.