I'm
looking up into the sky
and
calling the angels on high
to
help me live for my one dream
though
I am tortured from the beam
Of
fluorescent light, burning my eyes
and
all the bullies, pushing lies
while
stepping over minds and hearts
while
playing but a game of darts
As
they push past in recognition
I
shield; for I am on a mission
I
go unseen, I go unheard
and
though I paint, my pictures' blurred
By
a fog in which great minds are lost
and
quality of life is tossed
into
a box, of gold and jewels
to
be sold for profit, made a fool
is
every man who bows in fear
of
being hunted like a deer
So
quiet, he can hide away
or
agree to pull an elaborate sleigh
of
gifts for children of the rich
so
they can drape in gaudy kitsch
and
divert on the TV screens
and
hypnotize to keep their means
So
lost is the meaning of life
and
lost is purpose, in the strife
to
stay standing and feed the brood
with
nothing that is truly food
but
manufactured lies called treats
rewards
for what? another feat
Another
jump through another hoop
those
at the top; they have us duped
I
go unseen, I go unheard
And
in spite of wounds; I sing my word
I
gather herbs, prayers, yarn, and string
I
braid and weave; my fingers sting
but
I won't stop 'til the blankets are done
for
they'll be warm until the sun
of
justice comes out, through the clouds
I'll
keep singing through my pain; loud
once
messages are heard
I
can cease
I’ll
leave a message, and go in peace..
'til
then, here I stay
living
each day
for
destiny
in
some way…
January
10th, 2012
You can get all PDFs at http://www.girloutside.org/booksall/ (PDF layout is better honed than the blog format)
You can get all PDFs at http://www.girloutside.org/booksall/ (PDF layout is better honed than the blog format)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.