The
shadows creep
and
the rainbows sleep
as
you persecute me once again
when
I'm in pain
and
the clock is ticking
and
you're nit-picking
my
energy's drained
I'm
fighting for my rights
and
performing at my all
so
the nerve of you to call
me
out; defective
when
I
am a gem
a
precocious autistic
how
dare you call me normal
with
a broken brain
You
could never imagine
what
it's like to be me
I
want to be free
as
who I am
And
not be damned
and
not be a victim
I
am a survivor
unrecognized
Pining
to thrive
unseen
and unheard
you
assume because I have the words
translated
patterns from my head...
I've
fought sometimes ‘til nearly dead
A
miracle in action
I'm
credited only a fraction
of
what I really do
because
I am not you
on
my head is your shoe …
I'm
battered and I'm broken
and
yet with love I stand
you
think you've got me figured out
but
don't you know these hands
They
wring when you're not looking
they
flick when you don't see
and
after I am finished talking
I
run under the trees
I
love you, people, but you hurt me
why
oh why oh please
if
I do not appease..
I
am misunderstood; misread
unless
I dance
and
you throw me bread
or
roses, if I'm lucky..
I'm
an exhausted marionette, it seems
until
you cut the strings
and
then you catch me in a net
in
which I thought was made for safety
but
once again, it is a threat
and
that's why I must never fall
or
let you cut the strings
because
of what it brings
And
though I need to rest my body...
there's now
a full house lobby
waiting,
for staunch advocacy
so
they too can be justly freed
beyond
the waiting room of that chamber
whence
,I too, sat; then trapped in danger
Through
innocence upon the rain
under-appreciated;
attacked in vain
on
trial for nothing that I'd done
for
sociology's perversely come
to
blame the honest, pure-hearted
and
though from the truth, many run
in
the end; it's already won
September
25th, 2012
You can get all PDFs at http://www.girloutside.org/booksall/ (PDF layout is better honed than the blog format)
You can get all PDFs at http://www.girloutside.org/booksall/ (PDF layout is better honed than the blog format)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.