Thursday, April 18, 2013

I Must Pace

Try… you do try
to grip my soul
and with a pole
hooking; on my shirt

I'm covered in dirt
and I am bewildered
like Virginia Woolf
walking into a lake

But I stop
and have a shake...
for my hypoglycemic metabolism
does cause me to bake

In shattered agony
because I am not free
and I am so belittled
and my head’s full of riddles
in which I try to solve
in which I must evolve
because I am evolved
but born prematurely
into this place
it’s not ready for me...
treating me like a disgrace
In time, it is paced
but, I am impatient
and I can't be a patient
of drugs, that’s right, Rx
though I may drink Vex
not sensible
but sadly pensive
and I am
blind
in the rain

And yes, I do blame
an overactive brain
so I’ll shut out everything
or ramble in a train of things
or think of all the names of things …

Blah blah blah blah blah
in space
this is not a race
I must pace.


April 18th, 2013

You can get all PDFs at http://www.girloutside.org/booksall/ (PDF layout is better honed than the blog format)

No comments:

Post a Comment